Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Communicate- Don't Assume

How many times have you had upsetting thoughts about a situation, only to find out when you get the facts that the situation was something completely different? Think of all the drama and negative emotions that got played out in your mind because you did not communicate about the situation.

“I can’t count the number of times I have done this.”  I found myself emotionally worked up with fear, anger, jealousy, worry and a host of other non-love feelings.  This has taxed my mind and body, stressed me out.

If I had only communicated, I wouldn't have given into my fear.  Communication is a key to growth.  It is simpler to get the facts and gain an understanding of the situation before going off on a tangent.
Try talking with your friends and find out what is happening with them.  It can save a great deal of stress, and spiritually we grow as we let our judgments subside Accept and allow the situation to be, as a clearer picture of the events that caused you to assume are clarified.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Michael--Truer than tru-we must practice sharing our perceived red flags with a trusted colleague. Only then, are we able to move on with clarity. Namaste!

    ReplyDelete